175g light brown sugar, or use white
175ml sunflower oil
3 eggs, beaten
150g grated carrot
80g chopped dates
100g self-raising flour
75g wholemeal flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground ginger, or use 1 tbsp chopped stem ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp, approx pumpkin seeds
pinch of salt
• Preheat oven to 180 & line a 9” cake tin.
• Grate the carrot in a mixing bowl, add the oil, eggs and sugar. Mix well.
• Add the flour, bicarbonate and spices. Mix well.
• Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
• Bake in hot oven for 50 mins, approx, or until skewer comes clean. Loosely cover with a sheet of tin foil if browning too heavily.
• Cool on wire rack.
Easiest cake, ever. Great for packed lunches as keeps so well.